Electrical fire causes damage in home

    An electrical fire caused major damage in a home in the 5900 block of Woods St. in Lemon Creek.

    Capital City Fire Rescue received a call around 1:45 Saturday morning.

    Assistant Chief Ed Quinto says the fire started in an electrical box.

    No injuries reported. The Fire Marshal is investigating.

    The homeowner had used baking soda to knock down most of the fire prior to fire personnel arriving. The fire destroyed the main breaker panel, charred pat of the wall and burned part of the wiring. There were no injuries reported and the estimate of damage is unknown. The home was insured. The Fire Marshal is investigating.

    Capital City Fire Rescue would like to remind everyone that a portable fire extinguisher is a wise investment. Be sure you have at least one in your home and know the proper way to use them.

     

    More from News of the North

    Crude Oil Price

    Current Conditions