UPDATE: Discarded smoking materials deemed cause of Cascade St. house fire

    Assistant Chief Ed Quinto says there was extensive fire and smoke damage to the home, along with fire damage to a 2001 dodge pickup.

     

    UPDATE:

    The Capital City Fire Rescue Fire Marshal's Office conducted a fire origin and cause investigation for a residential structure fire that occurred on Cascade Street on Thursday, July 7th. The cause for this fire is unintentional and the most likely heat source was identified as discarded smoking materials in a combustible location.

    The fire started on the exterior of the structure and moved into the residence. There was significant smoke and heat damage to the residence with approximately $200,000 in damage. The structure was insured and there were no injuries reported.

    Fire Marshal Daniel Jager reminds home owners to be sure they have working smoke alarms and at least one portable fire extinguisher.


    ORIGINAL STORY:

    Capital City Fire Rescue responded to a house fire Thursday night a little after 11:00 in the 2100 block of Cascade St.

    Crews found fire at the back side of a single story residential home. The fire was extinguished.  Assistant Chief Ed Quinto says there was extensive fire and smoke damage to the home, along with fire damage to a 2001 dodge pickup.

    The homeowner was home and awake at the time of the fire. Fortunately no injuries occurred. Fire Marshals are investigating the fire.

    More from News of the North

    Crude Oil Price

    Current Conditions