Homeowner's quick action saves home from electrical fire

    The fire started around an electrical plug area in the home on Carrol Way in Downtown Juneau.

    A woman's quick action kept an electrical fire confined to a bedroom.

    Capital City Fire Rescue's Assistant Chief Ed Quinto says the call came in Saturday around 1:19 p.m, "She was able to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher. Because of her quick actions, fire and smoke damage was confined to the bedroom. The fire crews confirmed there were no further fires in the walls or surrounding area."

    The fire started around an electrical plug area in the home on Carrol Way in Downtown Juneau. Estimate damage valued at $2000. No injuries were noted.

    More from News of the North

    Crude Oil Price

    Current Conditions