Juneau Family Saved by Carbon Monoxide Detector

    Juneau, AK-(KINY) A Juneau family of four is alive today, very likely saved this morning by a carbon monoxide detector that worked. When the family was awakened by an alarm, one of them called 911 and Capital City Fire and Rescue Responded.

    Assistant Chief Ed Quinto says CCFR responders went to a home on Wire Street just after six this morning.  They found to adults and two teenagers in their pajamas in a car near the residence.  CCFR testing showed there were elevated levels of carbon monoxide that Quinto said could have reached a lethal level had the detector not sounded the alarm.

    The home was ventilated and the owners were advised to service the boiler to prevent future issues.  Quinto encourages everyone to check their carbon monoxide detectors, it might be a life-saver.

     

    More from News of the North

    Crude Oil Price

    Current Conditions