Anchorage, Alaska (KINY) Three workers sued after they claim they suffered brain damage due to dangerous working conditions at an Alaska chemical company.
The litigation was filed over a 2014 incident at the company's Kenai chemical transfer building. The plaintiffs, Steve Adams and Chris Lovely allege a vent near their working area send toxic gas toward them.
Mr. Lovely, said his hair fell out in clumps and grew thin while he worked there and that his nervous system was also impaired.
The men were working for Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation and were building a new building when the incident occurred.
The company has filled a motion to limit pretrial publicity and one to dismiss the lawsuit because the VECO Act, which states if you receive workers compensation insurance, you can not sue the owner of the property you work on.
A tentative trial date is set for early, 2018. The suit seeks at least $2 million in damages for claims that include medical bills.