Juneau, Alaska (KINY) No one was hurt early today when a fire broke out in a bathroom at the Bartlett Regional Hospital Emergency Room.
Capital City Fire Rescue Assistant Fire Chief Ed Quinto said fire crews arrived just after 3 am. "Witnesses stated they heard an explosion and there was a fire in the bathroom in the waiting room of the emergency room. There were individuals in the waiting room that saw smoke and fire."
Crews quickly knocked down the flames and smoke. The sprinkler system knocked down the flames and confined the blaze to the bathroom, "There was some water damage from the sprinkler system. " No monetary amount of damage was immediately available.
A subject was being detained by Juneau Police and being questioned about the incident. The Police and Capital City Fire Marshall's are investigating the fire.