Juneau, AK (KINY) - Alaska State Troopers have been busy on the roads during the holiday season with no signs of slowing down.
Between December 13th and the 28th troopers have made the following contacts:
- 22 misdemeanor DUI arrests, 4 felony DUI Arrests
- 9 drivers charged with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- 67 REDDIs reported with 22 drivers contacted and ultimately determined not to be DUI
- 159 damage only crashes, 18 injury crashes and 2 fatal collision were investigated by troopers
- Of the 486 citations issued, 128 were issued for speeding and 15 issued for seatbelt or other occupant restraint violations
Troopers did note that they will continue their efforts into the early morning hours of the New Year. They recommend any one celebrating with an impairing substance to have a plan to get home safely. They also are asking for people to make a REDDI report by calling 911 for any drivers suspect of driving impaired.