Coronavirus Closures and Postponements
STATE OF ALASKA MANDATES
- Health mandates issued by Governor Mike Dunleavy, DHSS Commissioner Adam Crum, and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Anne Zink.
- New Covid-19 Outbreak Orders (rev 11/16)https://gov.alaska.gov/newsroom/2020/11/15/governor-issues-covid-19-outbreak-health-orders/
JUNEAU RADIO CENTER
- Lobby closed to visitors and non-employees
- Please call 586-3630 for more information
JUNEAU SCHOOL DISTRICT (more info: https://www.juneauschools.org)
SCHOOL START ANNOUNCEMENT
In consideration of the health and safety of our staff, students and families, the Juneau School District will open the school year with distance learning for all students at all schools on August 24, 2020.
CITY AND BOROUGH OF JUNEAU
more info: juneau.org/covid-19
- EMERGENCY ORDINANCE - Requiring a Face Covering in Certain Indoor Settings and Providing a Penalty (https://beta.juneau.org/covid-19-mandates-cbj)
- In order to protect the community through social distancing, the CBJ Docks & Harbors Department asks that customers please call or email instead of visiting the office starting today, March 25. Administrative staff will be available to help remotely with all harbor needs from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- If Juneau Harbors is unable to assist you by phone or email, an in-office appointment can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you would like to make a payment or purchase a launch ramp permit online, visit the Launch Permit & Bill Pay Website (bit.ly/2WHSSgP).
- For more information, email email@example.com, or call Aurora Harbor at 907-586-5255, or Statter Harbor at 907-789-0819.
- Advisors at the Alaska Small Business Development Center are standing by to assist Juneau businesses as they weather these difficult times. You can file for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan, view a training video, or stay up to date with Alaska SBDC's COVID-19 Resource Center. https://aksbdc.org/covid19/
- The Juneau Parks & Recreation Department is continuing its phased reopening of facilities and programs consistent with guidance from national organizations and the Alaska Department of Health & Social Services. The Department recognizes that Juneau’s parks and recreation opportunities are more important than ever before, and stays committed to protecting the health and safety of Juneau residents as facilities and programs reopen. Here’s an update:
- Dimond Park Aquatic Center re-opened on June 15, and is now available for drop-in recreation seven days a week. Hours of operation can be found here. The lap pool, leisure pool, and therapeutic resistance channel are open, but water slides, spray features, hot tub, and sauna are currently closed. Locker rooms are available for changing and restroom use only; a shower is available on the pool deck.
- Augustus Brown Pool is currently closed due to a shortage of certified staff, and Parks & Recreation will be hiring a number of positions soon. Other facility renovation work has been placed on hold.
- Treadwell Ice Arena will begin its phased reopening July 29. Initially, the arena will be available for private rentals and organized groups only.
- Zach Gordon Youth Center is open Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Parks, playgrounds, ballfields, courts, shelters and trails are open to the public. Please remember to maintain social distance.
- Jensen-Olsen Arboretum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Eagle Valley Center Lodge is available for reservations by calling 586-5226.
- PROGRAMS: Summer Camps have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. Youth Sports remain suspended until further notice. Adult Sports and Senior Open Gym have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. The Hike Program remains suspended until further notice.
BARTLETT REGIONAL HOSPITAL
- Bartlett Regional Hospital is open and fully with Re-Open Alaska Safety Plan
- If you or a loved one is experiencing a Behavioral Health Crisis, know that Mental Health Clinicians are on site 24/7 ready to assist you. Services can be accessed through the Emergency Department. In addition, the outpatient clinic is operating telehealth services 8am-7pm Monday through Thursday and 8am-5pm on Fridays. Please call the main line at 907-796-8498 to arrange an appointment.
Individuals and groups are also making protective cloth masks. Such masks are not considered PPE. Bartlett Regional Hospital Infection Preventionist Charlee Gribbon sees a need for washable gowns and secure, lightweight face shields. Gribbon requests that PPE and mask makers seek guidance from hospital approved sources. More info here: https://beta.juneau.org/newsroom-item/now-accepting-volunteers-and-requests-for-assistance
SOUTHEAST ALASKA FOOD BANK
- To minimize the possible exposure of our Saturday morning volunteers and others to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the SEAFB is implementing new procedures for our Saturday morning food distributions. Individuals who come to the SEAFB on Saturday mornings will receive a pre-assembled box of food. The boxes of food will be distributed to individuals outside the SEAFB, we are no longer allowing individuals to come inside and circulate. As the safety of our volunteers, manager, and those we serve is paramount this procedure will remain in effect until we are allowed to return to our customary way of getting food to those in need. The SEAFB board of directors and Manager appreciate your patience and understanding in the way we respond to this pandemic.
- Please donate - http://www.sealaskafoodbank.org/
STATE CAPITOL BUILDING
- Limited to lawmakers, employees of the Legislature, the governor's administration and credentialed journalists.
STATE OFFICE BUILDING
- There will be no more Theatre Organ concerts at the State Office Building until further notice. This due to all the cancellations and closures. Notice will be sent out when concerts resume.
TLINGIT AND HAIDA
- Offices in Juneau, Alaska and all remote field offices will be closed to the public beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 and will remain in effect until further notice.
- Tlingit & Haida will continue to operate during normal business hours.
UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA SOUTHEAST
UAS is limiting physical access to keep their campus community safe. Campus buildings are closed for all in-person services. They are continuing to conduct university business and serve students using remote methods. For assistance, please call 907-796-6100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more COVID-19 information, please see the UA coronavirus information website.
ALASKA PIONEER HOMES
- Coronavirus Precautions Implemented (more info: http://dhss.alaska.gov/daph/Pages/default.aspx)
- Precautions will now include all of the following: • Limit of one adult visitor per day per resident • Visitation will take place in resident’s room • Screening and sign in will continue upon entry into the building • Visitors who have any signs of infection will be asked to visit at another time • Visitors will be encouraged to limit their movement within the home
- Cruise Lines International Association: ocean-going cruise lines will be voluntarily and temporarily suspending operations from U.S. ports for 30 days starting March 14.
- Holland America: pausing operations of its 14 ships through April 14.
- Princess Cruises: All cruises on its 18 ships are canceled until May 10.
- SEARHC Going Virtual and Expanding Test Criteria
- Suspension certain non-emergent services in response to the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) developments. In an announcement made by the SEARHC Incident Command System (ICS), restrictions have been applied to dental, optometry, patient travel, and elective surgery effective immediately, allowing staff to focus on core healthcare services and prepare for increased volumes due to potential outbreak.
- Main Lobby Closed
- Drive-Thru Open
- More info: AELP.com
ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
- Visitation at DOC institutions statewide has been temporarily suspended.
GREATER JUNEAU CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Suspending its weekly luncheons until further notice
JUNEAU JOB CENTER
- Building closed to public until April 30
- Call for unemployment & job needs - 907-465-2952
JUNEAU RAPTOR CENTER
- The Juneau Raptor Center has established new protocol for bird rescues due to the hunker down orders from the state. We will no longer be going to homes to pick up injured birds. If you see a bird outside that needs to be rescued, please call our emergency pager at 790-5424. If you pick it up and call us we will not be able to come get it.
JUNEAU SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Crude Oil Price
Light Rain and 51 F at Juneau, Juneau International Airport, AK
<br /> Winds are East at 8.1 MPH (7 KT). The pressure is 1019.8 mb and the humidity is 80%. The wind chill is 48. Last Updated on Jun 6 2023, 4:53 pm AKDT.